Friday, June 18, 2010

Time to smell the flowers



Today is the first of my 12 day break from work. I'm home bound to visit my mom and then off to a photo workshop. It is time to smell the flowers again and it reminded me of my weekend jaunt at Singapore's Mandai Orchid Garden. It was a very scorching Sunday but still a lovely respite from my everyday view of steel and concrete.

I particularly found compelling the stamens of this yellow bell-shaped flower so much so that instead of taking a photo of the flower in its entirety,
I decided to focus on what's inside it. I shot the stamens sharp and rendered everything else soft.
The stamens seemed to be bobbing  their heads in agreement, calling and yanking me, the outsider, to look inside its throat. And when I did, It looked like there was light from within. What a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment