Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Michelin (wo) Man and birthday blues

I have known it for some time but it took photos of me taken by my weekend photo buddy who shall be known from hereon as Mr. Boy Scout  for moi to realize that I have unleashed the Michelin (Wo) man...yet again.  It's an ugly sight...a woman in her 40s with spare tires to boot.  Yes, I am one of those people with excess weight so much so that there could be two of me.

I have no one to blame but me, myself and I. The last yoga class I attended was in December last year and since then I've not done a single pose and I've been deluding myself that I'm just too busy to ooohmmm...  I have stopped living my yoga when I loved it so much I would practice two hours daily and could already do a decent handstand. In my desire to stay up late to process my photos, I've been drinking coffee and soda like there's no tomorrow.

Is my interest in photography to be blamed? If I'm to be honest with myself, I think I've used the latter as an excuse to let go of my lifetime battle against the bulge.  I've opted for the easy way out. Shame on me.

But this week I am turning a year older and since I'm given another chance to make things right, I shall fight the good fight. I will soon be back on the mat.  I shall channel Oprah and all the emotional eaters who came before me and managed to tame the beast.

I'm sorry Michelin Man...soon, very soon you'll be on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment